This popular course is designed to help users become a Photoshop or Photoshop Elements expert from the perspective of professional photographers. In the world of photoshop tutorials, it is difficult to find the key tools & functions that are critical for photographers, these lessons help you master them in any version of Photoshop. Watch anytime you like, as often as you like. Found here: Photoshop Basics for Photographers
To follow along with the video lessons, you can download the full-size original images. This allows you to work with the same images if you like as the author leads you step-by-step through each process.
Photoshop is the modern darkroom. And just as film photographers were not masters of their art until they learned to develop their own photos—you can’t be a master of your art until you master Photoshop.
Topics covered (3 hours of video):
- Video 1: The Photoshop Workspace – No more feeling like you’re lost in the cockpit of a 747. Now you’ll know how to find, arrange, and use the Tools and Palettes, and how to work in Photoshop the easy way.
- Video 2: Understanding Layers (plus 5 reasons to use them) – The single most important topic in Photoshop—Layers—finally explained in clear language, with examples you can understand. After this you’ll be a layer-loving fanatic!
- Video 3: Adjusting Exposure with Levels – The easy, one-minute trick that lets you rescue a poorly exposed photo, or make an ordinary photo extraordinary.
- Video 4: Adjusting Contrast with Curves – Want to know how the pros make their photos “pop?” Now you’ll be able to do it to yours in seconds. Also, turn a boring sky into a stunning scene with one quick adjustment in Curves.
- Video 5: Color Correction – No more weird color casts in your photos. Now you can instantly correct colors, or even rescue an aged print, using the fast Curves method or the professional eyedropper technique.
- Video 6: Using Layer Masks – Perhaps the most powerful (and most confusing) technique in Photoshop finally demonstrated in a way you can understand. This was the hardest step for me in learning Photoshop, so I take extra care to make it easy and “dummy proof” for you.
- Video 7 & 8: Portrait Retouching – Blemish removal, wrinkle reduction, whitening eyes and teeth, and professional, glamour-magazine-quality skin softening. Now your portraits will look amazing and your clients will love you forever.
- Video 9 & 10: Removing Unwanted Objects or People – Erase those annoying people or obstructions that are spoiling your shot! You’ll learn how to use cloning, healing, quick masks, and selections to “doctor” any photo easily and invisibly.
- Video 11: Cropping, Resizing and Resampling – If you don’t know the differences between these methods and the pros and cons of each you could be needlessly damaging your photos. After this lesson, you’ll know when and how to resize your photos in the way that makes them look best.
- Video 12: Sharpening Your Photos – Should you sharpen every photo? How much is too much? Learn when to sharpen and how to choose the right settings for any kind of photo to get that crisp, professional look.
- Video 13: Saving Photos for the Web, Email or Print – You’ve created a beautiful photo! So don’t blow it now! Learn the right way to save your file for different media and devices, to show your work at its stunning best.
The examples and case studies in this course include a wide range of photos including landscapes, portraits, sports, animals, events, nature, travel, and more.
How to Get Started:
We were able to negotiate a 30% discount which ends soon. It also carries a 60 day no-questions-asked guarantee, if you are not satisfied with any part just let them know and they will give you a full refund so there is no risk in trying it.
Found here: Photoshop Basics for Photographers
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: