This tutorial will show you how to create a magic effect or glowing flame effect that can be added to virtually any digital photo.
1. Add brightness and lots of contrast.
2. Isolate the girl from the background. If you need more help with this step please refer to our tutorial on Separating a Subject from it’s Background.
3. Apply a Watercolor Filter to a new layer with only the background on it (Filter>Artistic>Watercolor). Then merge the layers together.
4. Render a 50-300mm Zoom Lens Flare with an intensity of about 129. Make sure its over the Rose. (Filter>Render>Lens Flare)
5. Render Lighting Effects with the settings like the picture on the left. (Filter>Render>Lighting Effects)
Light Type: Omni
Color: Between Pink and Red
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: