So many new photographers think the key to great images is going to beautiful places and pressing the shutter button. But how you compose a shot is actually one of the most important parts of the equation. This new in-depth guide is designed to give you a complete understanding of composition fundamentals, taught through 81 easy-to-follow pages of training, illustrations, and assignments. Found here: The Understanding Composition eBook
The author of this brilliant composition guide is Kent DuFault. Kent has been involved in photography since 1974, so he brings decades of experience right into your home. His images have won numerous awards, they’ve been published in magazines around the world, and he even operated his own commercial photography studio for three decades.
“You can have the most beautiful model, or the most gorgeous landscape, but if your composition is crap—so is your image.”
Truer words couldn’t be spoken.
Some of the Many Topics Covered:
- The key elements of composition so you’ll be on your way to taking award winning shots in no time
- How you can avoid the embarrassing composition mistakes many (especially newer) photographers make
- Exactly what composition is & how to use this to really turn your photos around so you’re proud to share them with your friends
- How to spot great composition in a scene quickly, so you don’t miss out on those ‘once off’ shots again
- How to use light & pointing elements to improve the strength of your compositions
- How to avoid ‘composition element overload’, so that you always produce simple, beautiful photographs
- How to determine the flow of a scene so that ‘setting up’ the perfect shot seems almost effortless
- How to command your viewers attention by creating balance in your photographs
- What POV even is and why you need to understand it so you can really ‘get’ composition
- The background story of where composition principles actually came from, so that you have a clear understanding of this fundamental skill
- Why controlling composition is the best way to improve your photographs and start shooting more creatively
- And so much more!
When you create a photograph, you’re forcing a three-dimensional view onto a two-dimensional medium. This befuddles the brain- It WANTS to see in three-dimensions! Basically, what’s happening is that composition fools the brain into seeing what it wants to see. Composition leads the brain through the photograph. It IS the road map of your images.
This is why composition is crucial to incredible photography. Of the many, many lessons you’ll get in this guide. They made sure to cover not only the ‘WHAT’ of composition – But also the ‘WHY’.
Found here: The Understanding Composition Digital Guide
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: