When it comes to shooting stunning portraits, lighting can be the X factor in making your pictures pop. This new eBook is designed to help you better harness the potential of light in your photos, communicate emotion more powerfully through every portrait, learn the techniques pros use to capture stunning portrait photography, and understand the right gear you’ll need to light up your shots. It can be found here: Portraits – Lighting the Shot
There are three elements to a great portrait: light, subject and location.
Which is more important? Let me put it this way: if light, subject and location played paper, scissors, rock; light would always win.
Why? A beautiful subject in an awesome location can be ruined by poor light. So when you’re organizing a shoot, looking for good light should be the first thing you do.
the results you can achieve shooting in natural light can be incredible, but natural light is fickle. it will never look the same twice. to find yourself with a spectacular background and great light is incredibly rare so if you can recreate the beauty of natural light, you can create a beautiful photo anywhere.
Topics Covered (132 Pages):
- It all started with my worst nightmare
- The Rules
- The good the bad and the ugly
- Be prepared
- Keep your cards close
- Keep it simple
- Great lighting looks natural
- If it ain’t broke don’t fix it
- Use a light meter. Chimping is for chumps
- Lear to light under extreme pressure
- Experiment and develop your own signature lighting style
- The Gear
- Lighting – the main stars of the show
- The Way
- Seeing the light
- Use the force: How light behaves
- Types of natural light
- Replicating natural light
- The how-to’s of fill flash
- Shooting different skin tones
- Shutter speed and of camera flash
- Shaping light: How to train a light beam
- The Style
- Blending different styles of light
- Beauty lighting
- Catch me if you can: Catchlights
- Troubleshooting tricky lighting
- Dancing in the dark: Working in very low light
- A flair for flare
- Shooting at high noon
- The twilight zone
- Lighting couples and groups
- Building the Shot
- Build your shot, one light at a time
- 5 case studies
“Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.” – George Eastman
How to Get a Copy:
It also carries a 60 day guarantee, if you are not satisfied with any part of the book just let them know and they will give you a full refund so there is no risk in trying it.
It can be found here: Portraits – Lighting the Shot
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: