This new book was released recently and has proven to be very popular with readers and reviewers. Natural Light – Mastering a Photographer’s Most Powerful Tool by Mitchell Kanashkevich is an in-depth guide on how to harness natural light to enhance the mood, atmosphere, and quality of images.
It can be found here: Natural Light
Developing an understanding of how natural light works and how to work with it can help you hone your photographic skill and broaden your creative horizons without spending more money on sophisticated and expensive photographic equipment.
This 96 page eBook is written and illustrated to provide a complete, comprehensive guide to using natural light in photography.
Some of the Many Topics Covered:
- Understand the essential qualities of natural light
- Master the technical components including exposure, metering, and the histogram
- Learn expert methods to control natural light to suit your creative needs
- Grasp the potential of harsh light, diffused light, fog, twilight, and other settings
- Learn to sculpt light, create light interplay, reveal silhouettes, and more
- Practice professional post-processing techniques to enhance natural light
- Harness the countless creative possibilities that natural light affords
Case studies to break down dynamic light situations:
- Silhouettes over water at sunset
- Light beams and multiple light sources
- Elusive light and the magic dust cloud
- Communicating hardship with harsh light
- Accentuating the beauty of everyday life through the color-and-light show of twlight
- Everyday scenes with diffused, sculpting light
- Dramatic interplay of shadows in a landscape
- Atmospheric natural light as the driving force behind the photo
- Creating a sense of drama with a reflector and an iPhone
“There is no such thing as good or bad light. It is my hope that at this eBook will help you see different types of natural light as different tools, each appropriate in some way for various situations, depending on what you aim to communicate with each photograph. -Mitchell Kanashkevich”
How to Get a Copy:
This guide carries a 60 day no-questions-asked guarantee, so if you are not satisfied with any part of the book just let them know and they will give you a full refund.
It can be found here: Natural Light – Mastering a Photographer’s Most Powerful Tool
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: