This new in-depth portrait training guide is designed for those looking to take their portraits to the next level. A must-have resource for photographers aspiring to take portraits with SOUL. Everything from the right gear, to the right settings, to working with subjects. Found here: Portraits – Making the Shot
Some of the many topics covered (84+56 Pages):
- The Rules: learn the 10 commandments to portrait photography consistency (and brilliance)
- The Gear: discover the best portrait gear with some tips on buying great second hand additions to your kit.
- The 3 Amigos: This is where many beginner photographers get themselves into a twist, but it’s a lot simpler than you might think. Learn how aperture, ISO and shutter speed work together.
- The Lights: Step-by-step instructions on using light meters, balancing daylight and flash and creating beautiful skin tone.
- The Moves: Every pose you’ll need and how to create it, as well as tips on finding inspiration, the importance of preparation and insider tricks on directing the shot.
- Bonus Guide: Full explanations and lighting diagrams of 14 types of portrait shots.
The author, Gina Milicia has been a professional photographer for more than 25 years. She has photographed some of the world’s most powerful and famous people including royalty and heads of state, billionaires and a-list celebrities and been on location in some of the world’s most exotic places. Gina is the master of capturing that ‘magical moment’ both in studio and on location.
“There is a common perception that to be a great photographer you only have to understand the science behind the craft. Having been a professional photographer for 25 years, I don’t agree. A portrait is an opportunity to tell a story and if you only ever consider its technical construction, you might just miss the story.” -Gina Milicia
How to Get a Copy:
The guide comes in PDF format that can be read on computers, phones and most tablet computers. It also carries a 60 day guarantee, if you are not satisfied with any part of the book just let them know and they will give you a full refund so there is no risk in trying it.
It can be found here: Portraits – Making the Shot
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: