Canon has stayed at the forefront of camera manufacturing for over 7 decades. They attribute that success in part to their dedication to cutting edge technology and maintaining high standards of quality. In the following video you can take a behind the scenes tour of how Canon produces their photography equipment from the inception of an idea all the way through shipping the finished products to the consumer market. Viewers are also treated to a look into Canons green-friendly manufacturing process and how the company is playing their part to ensure the environment is being protected from wasteful practices. Have a look:
As you saw in the clip, Canon is responsible for a whole host of revolutionary ideas. Here are a few you may not have known they are responsible for:
- Mass produced fluorite, a material which lenses are made from.
- Developed spherical lenses
- Created an ultrasonic motor
- Revolutionized optical image stabilization
- Created Digic Image Sensor technology, which led to Canon cameras becoming the first to be able to capture high definition video
“A great lens is beautiful, a beautiful lens has great origins.”
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: