Wedding photographer Jacki Bruniquel recently had a close call while shooting a wedding held at South Africa’s Netherwood Estate. As the father of the bride walked his daughter down the aisle, Bruniquel leaned in over the groom’s shoulder to capture the moment. Soon a warm glow started to spread through her curly hair–she had stepped too close to a candle and her hair caught on fire!
Though all ended well (one of the groomsmen jumped to her rescue)–and the fiasco gave the wedding party a good laugh (see picture below)–this serves as a friendly reminder to all you photographers out there: while trying to get that perfect shot, don’t forget to stay aware of your surroundings. Stay safe out there guys :)
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: