Taking your photography to the next level can mean something different to each photographer. However, one thing remains the same; you are taking something ordinary and making it into something extraordinary. To help amp up your photography, try these helpful tips from professional photographer Von Wong and the COOPH channel.
Thankfully, you don’t have to be extravagant to add a little drama. Use the things you have around you, and start simple. For instance, you can:
- Use a reflector to add wind
- Flour to enhance movements
- Add UV lighting and a highlighter to create even more magical imagery
- Explosions can easily be made using a funnel and coffee creamer
- A great rain machine can easily be made from PVC pipe, sprinklers, and a garden hose
Once you have all the techniques and basics mastered, you can add even more dimension to your photography with an epic backdrop. You find an amazing background anywhere your mind takes you. For instance:
- Go storm chasing and use Mother Nature as the most impressive backdrop possible
- Tie free divers to structures underwater
- Create superheroes by tying individuals to building tops for safety
Thankfully, all photography follows the same basic structure to succeed. These four steps include:
- Draw out your ideas
- Find all the ingredients to bring your photos to life
- Surround yourself with the people you will need to make your project happen
- Trial and error – Remember, never give up because it doesn’t work out the first time around. Keep experimenting and eventually you’ll get the shot you’re looking for.
For further help: 300 Professional One-Click Photo Editing Presets
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: