This tutorial is to help you learn how to create a black and white diffused glow effect that can create a surreal scene. This tutorial couldn’t have been made without the help of Dan Buxton. Here’s what we did with this photo:
1. First we applied a Diffuse Glow Filter (Filter>Distort>Diffuse Glow) with the following settings:
Glow Amount: 8
Clear Amount: 11
2. Then we applied a New Channel Mixer Adjustment Layer (Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Channel Mixer) with the following settings:
3. Then we applied a New Levels Adjustment Layer (Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Levels) and pulled in the left slider or shortened the color level range.
4. This is trickiest step, first we created a new blank layer over the other layers.
5. Then we took a paintbrush with a low opacity and carefully painted the rose pink on the new blank layer.
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: