Having the bottom of a bottle removed by a professional could cost anywhere from 50-60 dollars apiece. This is probably because the process involves some heavy machinery and an expert in glassware at the very least, but you might be surprised how easy it is to do it yourself:
What You’ll Need:
- Empty Beer Bottle
- Nail Polish Remover
1. Empty the beer bottle/s of its contents if you haven’t already.
2. Tie a piece of twine around the bottom of the bottle a couple of times.
3. Soak the twine in nail polish remover.
4. Use a lighter to set the twine on fire.
5. Spin the bottle constantly so the heat doesn’t settle in one place.
This neat little photography trick will certainly come in handy when dealing with product photos like this one:
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: