Introduction: This tutorial is to help you learn how to add simple clouds to the background of any photo. Ok, once you have your picture open in photoshop:
1. Duplicate the Background Layer, (Layer>Duplicate Layer)
2. On the new copied layer render clouds, (Filter>Render>Clouds). Your photo will look like this on the left so don’t worry.
3. Change the Blending Mode for the cloud layer to Screen.
4. Add a Reveal All Layer Mask to the cloud layer, (Layer>Add Layer Mask>Reveal All).
5. Then pick a good sized paint brush and simply paint black anywhere on the Mask where you don’t want clouds. (which is the majority of the photo)
For Further Training on Photo Effects:
Check out this best-selling eBook on how to do amazing photography tricks and photoshop effects. It can be found here: Trick Photography and Special Effects
Don't Miss The Next New Article!
Join over 100,000 subscribers who receive free photography tips and in-depth articles from PictureCorrect and stay up-to-date. Subscribe Now!