A bad pose can ruin a Portrait. A great pose can turn it into something special. As a portrait photographer (at any skill level) it’s your job to make sure your subjects are positioned perfectly so their beauty can shine and be captured forever. This eBook shares techniques the author has used on royalty, rockstars & supermodels. Found here: Portraits – Striking the Pose
Experienced portrait photographers all have a set of ‘go to’ poses for any situation. Over years and years they’ve experimented, learned what works, what doesn’t and how to position their subjects to perfection. The problem is that this wisdom often sits in the back of their mind, hidden from view…
Portraits: Striking the Pose is broken down into three sections:
- The Rules: The golden rules of great poses. Using visual queues, praise, energy and authenticity and much more.
- The Gear: Whilst covered more comprehensively in Gina’s previous book ‘Making The Shot‘, Gina will remind you what sort of gear you should be looking for to capture great portraits
- The Way: The most chunky part of the book. Gina will show you how to connect with people, organise and direct like a pro. She then dives into specific details of different posing scenarios (men, women, children, couples, groups and more) with loads of examples for you to refer bad to again and again.
The launch sale includes 7 Posing Printable Guides:
These handy ‘printables’ are designed to fold up beautifully to pop in your camera bag and pull out whenever you need them.
- Women Posing Printable
- Men Posing Printable
- Kids Posing Printable
- Group Posing Printable
- Couples Posting Printable
- Corporate Posing Printable
- Lifestyle Posting
In total you’ll have 67 sample poses to give you some great starting points when you next do a portrait shoot.
About the author: Gina Milicia has been a professional photographer for more than 25 years. She has photographed some of the world’s most powerful and famous people including royalty and heads of state, billionaires and a-list celebrities and been on location in some of the world’s most exotic places.
Found here: Portraits – Striking the Pose
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: