A beautiful candle can set the mood for any event. Be it a wedding, a romantic candle-lit dinner, a birthday, or a solemn remembrance, a candle is quintessential. But what if that same candle is personalized with your favorite images? Canon shared this wonderful video on how to make a personalized photo candle in minutes—DIY style:
The best thing about this project is that you might already have everything you need lying around in your home somewhere.
What You Need
- tissue paper
- wax paper
- embossing gun
- white tape
- a pillar candle (preferably white)
Photo Candle Instructions
- Cut out a 7.5” x 10” piece of tissue paper.
- Tape the tissue onto a 8.5” x 11” piece of cardstock.
- Print photos on the tissue paper.
- Cut the tissue photos out and place them onto the candle.
- Wrap the candle with wax paper.
- Gently heat the tissue with the embossing gun so that the images melt onto the wax.
- Peel off the wax paper.
- Repeat for the other side.
Voila! Your images are transferred onto the candle!
This is one idea that you should definitely try at home! It makes for a wonderful personalized gift.
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: