Who says flash portraits have to be complicated? This new in-depth tutorial ebook by Gina Milicia proves that flash photography can be simple and still produce amazing results. It covers everything from choosing and using gear to specific lighting setups to troubleshooting. Found here: Fast Flash for Portrait Perfection
Fast Flash was designed for photographers who don’t want to get bogged down by overly technical explanations. In plain terms, it aims to help you develop your unique portrait lighting style, find and understand the gear that fits your budget, and improve the quality of your portraits no matter your current level of experience.
What’s Covered? (125 pages)
- Seven golden rules to remember shooting with flash
- Soft vs. hard light
- Direction of light
- Shutter speed, aperture, and ISO
- What you need and what you don’t need in your lighting kit
- Light meters and how to use them
- Portable lighting options
- On-camera flash tips and techniques
- Understand all the styles of lighting—when to use them and and how to create them
- How to work with light modifiers
- Using fill light
- Must-have lighting elements and setups for amazing head shots
- Workflow—Gina reveals exactly how she lights and sets up her portrait shoots
- Freezing motion
- Shooting with flash in direct sun
- Troubleshooting tricky lighting conditions
- Common rookie flash mistakes and how to avoid them
You can have a great pose, an amazing connection with your subject, and a superb location, but without the right light, your portrait shots simply won’t pop. This ultimate how-to guide takes away the guess work with the goal of giving you the skills and confidence to create the light you need with absolutely beautiful results, even when you’re working in poor natural light or small spaces.
How to Get a Copy:
Fast Flash for Portrait Perfection comes as a downloadable PDF file, which can be viewed on a number of devices – laptop and desktop computers, iPhone or Android devices, iPads, and other tablets.
Found here: The Fast Flash for Portrait Perfection eBook
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: