Fotozaar is a new eBook that teaches photography by example. It contains a collection of compelling photographs and the stories of how they were made. I personally wish they had gone into more detail with how some the images were post processed but I understand it would be hard to explain. If you are interested, it can be found here: Fotozaar – Learn by Example
Step by step, the photographer of each image walks you through the process they used to create that image.
For each image, the explanations cover things like:
- Camera settings used to create the image (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc.)
- Equipment used (camera, lens, filters, etc.)
- How the photographer chose the composition
- What the lighting conditions were and how they affected the image
- Any post-processing that altered the final image
- Any special equipment that was needed
- The photographer’s personal guidelines for creating similar images
- The photographer’s intention and inspiration for creating the image
- Any interesting back story about the subject itself
- What the photographer would change about the image
- What aspects ultimately made the photograph successful
The examples are from a variety of subjects and techniques.
It includes all types of photography, including (but not limited to): portraits, landscape, macro, nature, abstract, street, and architecture. The images come from a variety of different photographers, so you can learn from unique perspectives and styles.
How to Get a Copy:
The guide comes in PDF format that can be read on computers, phones and most tablet computers.
Found here: Fotozaar – Learn by Example
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: