This in-depth photography tutorial eBook is back on sale for those who missed it last year! Previously called Landscapes, Cityscapes & Photography Tricks, the title has been updated to The Photography Tutorial eBook for simplicity’s sake. The reviews have been excellent and it is now our best selling eBook EVER. Found here: The Photography Tutorial eBook
It is designed to help you master challenging lighting conditions no matter your experience level. Take more compelling photos, post-process them to perfection, and delve even further into long exposure tricks so you know all the possibilities.
Over 250 pages of insider tips & techniques to take better photos in any conditions.
It is the product of over a DECADE of research as an insider in the photography industry, assembled to help you learn quickly and avoid the mistakes that I made along the way.
All aspects of landscape photography covered:
Learn the optimal settings to ensure share crisp shots. How to take multiple exposures to ensure you capture all the available light in the scene. How to compose your photo for maximum viewer interest. And finally how to bring out the best of your shots with quick and efficient post-processing techniques.
As I started out as a landscape photographer I was also attracted to photographing cityscapes at night but it took me many years of trial, error, and studying to learn the camera settings and post-processing techniques necessary to where I was proud of my results.
How to setup your camera to capture crisp dynamic cityscapes:
Be confident you are capturing the full potential of any scene in front of you.
- Sometimes in dim lighting conditions your autofocus can have trouble and claim your shot is in focus when it really isn’t. It’s terrible to get home and see your shots are blurry on closer inspection.
- We will show you some quick and easy manual focus techniques to ensure tack sharp results.
- How to determine the best shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, exposure mode, drive mode, metering mode and more.
- Taking multiple exposures of various lengths is important to make sure you capture all the light in the scene. We will show you how to do this. When you reach the post-processing section of the book, you will understand why it is very important.
- For long exposures, sometimes even touching the shutter release button can cause blurry results, we will show you how to avoid this – even in situations when your tripod isn’t available. Tack sharp people, tack sharp!
How to post-process and edit your photos to perfection:
It’s tricky when you’re just starting out with Lightroom, Photoshop or any post-processing application—you don’t have any presets, and you’re not sure how images look different in different lights and with various color casts. I used to spend hours tweaking a photo in every direction, only to wind up with the relatively simple style I’d started out with; it took me a while to learn which edits worked regularly for my shots, and now it only takes a minute or so to make an image pop.
- How to post-process and edit single RAW (and JPEG) exposures in Lightroom & Photoshop.
- How to use important adjustment layers in Photoshop for Landscape & Cityscape photography.
- How to process High Dynamic Range (HDR) photos with various techniques in various programs.
- How to combine the best attributes of multiple exposures together with advanced exposure blending.
The eBook shows you how to do extensive editing involving high dynamic range or exposure blending on important photos and also how to do quick editing when time is of the essence.
10 Premium Lightroom Presets Included:
Lightroom presets work so well these days that I wanted to include some for you to use along with the eBook. Included are 10 that I developed specifically for landscape/cityscape photos, they cover most situations that I get into, and they are a great starting point for any photo processing.
The presets are designed to be compatible with Lightroom 4, 5, 6, and CC. They work with both RAW and JPEG files.
eBook Table of Contents (274 Pages):
Once you are comfortable capturing all the light in a scene. We will show you how to harness light to your will! Photography tricks and long exposure techniques are very fun and also serve as very valuable learning exercises. From light painting in your landscapes to star trails in your skies, we will show you how to take the kind of photo that stop viewers in their tracks:
How to Get a Copy:
It comes in PDF format that can be read on computers, phones and most tablet computers (works great as a mobile reference out in the field). It also carries a 30 day guarantee, if you are not satisfied with any part of the eBook just let us know and we will give you a full refund so there is no risk in trying it.
Found here: The Photography Tutorial eBook
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: