With flash, you can create any stylistic vision—you just need to know how to control the light. But where do you start? SLR Lounge’s new lighting workshop was designed to give you a solid foundation in flash photography from beginner to advanced. Found here: Lighting 101: Foundation and Light Shaping
Join SLR Lounge on dozens of live shoots, as they teach you the foundations of flash photography and light shaping. You’ll learn how to modify and shape light to achieve a variety of effects, using imagery from fitness shoots, couples portraiture, in-studio headshots, outdoor fashion shoots, and much more. The goal of the workshop is to take your photography to the next level by gaining a full understanding of flash photography.
Some of the Many Topics Covered:
- Reasons to Use Flash
- Inverse Square Law
- Using Flash with Ambient Light
- Characteristics of Light
- Common Lighting Patterns
- In-Camera White Balance
- Full Feature vs. Manual Flashes
- TTL Flash
- ND Filters
- Light Modifiers
- Beauty Dishes
- Ring Flash
- Bouncing Light
What Makes This Workshop Unique?
- Amazing Images with Basic Gear. All the images in this workshop are created with just an on-camera flash and inexpensive lighting modifiers so you can focus on the foundation of lighting, light shaping, and light modification.
- Focus on Techniques, Not Gear. All you need for this workshop is a camera, on-camera flash, and basic modifiers. If you happen to have or want more lighting gear, then this knowledge will serve as your foundation, giving you full control in creating your exact desired look.
- Slides Included. You get all of the PDF slides to review and study after watching the workshop. This should help solidify your understanding and get you ready to continue on to start to use multiple flashes.
- Variety of Styles Created. The workshop aims to teach you how to create a variety of looks, from natural looking imagery (for portraits, family, etc) to dramatic imagery (for fitness, fashion, etc).
- Creative Techniques. The workshop shows you how to use mixed white balance and different colored gels to create interesting and creative imagery.
How to Get the Workshop:
It includes 9 hours of HD video and over 70 PDF slides.
Download it here: Lighting 101 Photography Course
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: