Landscape photography at night can be be difficult to capture, but it holds the potential to reveal images way beyond what can be seen by the human eye. The primary eBook by professional landscape photographer Alister Benn is the product of three intensive years shooting & refining techniques while traveling to locations all over the world. We were able to negotiate a 25% discount for our readers on this bundle in an exclusive deal, simply remember to use the discount code PICTURECORRECT at checkout which expires at the end of the month. Deal found here: Night Landscape Photography eBook Bundle
Seeing the Unseen is designed to be straightforward enough for beginners to night photography to get out in the field quickly, or for extremely experienced night specialists to get the most from those more challenging situations. Single and Multiple Frame techniques are covered in detail, including using Graduated Neutral Density Filters at night, the Magic Glove Technique, and of course, stacking star trails.
With the coming of night, our light slows down, metaphorically. Even on a bright moonlit night we are dealing with exposures of several seconds, and the darker it gets, the longer these images take to make. The frenetic pace of modern life is forced to slow down as we methodically work our way through the problem solving involved in taking images in the dark.
It is a discipline wrapped in as much mystery as the shrouded night scenes themselves. For decades taking quality images at night was the pursuit of professional photographers only, those dedicated to working through the problems of how film would react over numbers of hours.
With the arrival of Digital SLR’s and their immediate results, histograms and RAW files, the mastery of night photography is at the fingertips of anyone with the patience to try.
The eBooks Included in This Deal:
- A Practical Guide to Exposure (57 Pages)
- An Introduction to Night Photography (27 Pages)
- Seeing the Unseen – How to Photograph Landscapes at Night (96 Pages)
Some of the Many Topics Covered:
- Light Painting
- Light Pollution
- The Lunar Month
- The Science and Elements of Preparation
- Scene Evaluation – available night light luminosity
- High ISO Test Shots
- Focus at Night
- The 500 Rule – sharp stars
- Exposure – metering, shutter speed, aperture, ISO, noise & underexposure, the histogram, correct exposure, white balance, and RAW
- Dynamic Range – limitations, single vs multiple exposures
- Single Exposures – introduction, Lightroom4, graduated ND filters, magic glove, light painting
- Multiple Exposures – introducation, bracketing & blending, stacking
- Composition – communication & expression, visualization in the dark, hyperfocal distance, depth of field
- Stars – static of streaking, direction, finding polaris
- The Moon – twilight, at night
- Field Guide
- Blue Hour – single & multiple exposures
- Dark Nights – single & multiple exposures
- Bright Nights – single & multiple exposures
- Equipment Guide
This eBook will provide you with the tools to produce unique images, sure to impress and captivate your viewers. Still, remember to also take the time to appreciate and revel in the experience of spending a night outdoors. Great images are more than just impressions of light; they are also reflections of the person who created them.
“The use of many of these techniques for night images is still in its infancy, and everyone who is out there trying, because of books like this, is helping to pioneer the art form. The coming decade will push the boundaries further as DSLR sensor technology and digital processing continues to open new ground. We really are riding on the crest of the wave in this field.” -Alister Benn
How to Get the Bundle for a Discount This Week:
The eBooks come as PDF files, which can be viewed on a number of devices – laptop and desktop computers, iPhone or Android devices, iPads, and other tablets. We were able to negotiate a 25% discount on the eBook and intro guides which ends soon, simply remember to use the discount code PICTURECORRECT at checkout.
Offer found here: Night Landscape Photography Tutorial eBook Bundle
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: