This tutorial is to help you learn how to adjust the Hue and Saturation of a photo without burning out colors. This tutorial uses a different technique that will prevent you from losing your exposure settings. This tutorial was made with the help of Dan Buxton.
1. Adjust the Levels, (Image>Adjustments>Levels).
2. Make sure the levels range is set to fit the range of color, for this photo I had to move the right end of the levels range in to fit the colors.
3. Change the Image Mode to Lab Color, (Image>Mode>Lab Color).
4. Create a New Curves Adjustment Layer, (Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Curves).
5. Change to Channel A
6. Move the corner adjusters in approximately one square, you may wish to adjust them more or less depending on the photo.
7. Change to Channel B
8. Move the corner adjusters in approximately half a square, you may wish to adjust them more or less depending on the photo.
Don't Miss The Next New Article!
Join over 100,000 subscribers who receive free photography tips and in-depth articles from PictureCorrect and stay up-to-date. Subscribe Now!