This tutorial is to help you learn how to straighten crooked photos. Sometimes in a photo the horizon is just a bit off but is totally noticeable. This technique can fix crooked subjects or horizons. Ok, once you have your picture open in photoshop:
1. Go to Image>Rotate Canvas>Arbitrary.
2. Select the Angle (for this photo I used 6). Select either clockwise or counterclockwise (for this photo I used counterclockwise). You may need to try this a couple times in order to get the perfect angle.
3. The photo will then look something like this on the left so you will have to crop it. You may lose a little of the photo in order to create a rectangular photo.
4. Select the Crop Tool and enter the dimensions that you would like to crop.
5. Then in the photo crop as much as you can without ending up with the white.
Don't Miss The Next New Article!
Join over 100,000 subscribers who receive free photography tips and in-depth articles from PictureCorrect and stay up-to-date. Subscribe Now!