Have you ever quickly converted your shots to black & white, hoping to make them “Better”? And the result was bland to say the least? This is a very common occurrence. Knowing how to convert color to B&W with a working understanding of tone and contrast in post-processing is a very different story. This new popular eBook guide is designed to cover EVERYTHING you need to know about producing your own powerful and professional B&W images. Found here: The Better Black & White Photography Guide
A complete step by step guide to beautiful black & white conversions from best-selling photography teacher, Kent DuFault.
Some of the Many Topics Covered (95 pages):
- How to use the B&W conversion process to IMPROVE your composition
- Learn why some “old school” knowledge can turn you into a black & white photographer that everyone else will envy
- The sneaky ways a Pro uses post-production to create amazing tonal range in a black & white photograph
- The secrets to leveraging “color” for a better black & white photograph
- Why automation fools so many photographers, like you, into poor black & white image quality
- How to tell the difference between black & white versus monochrome (This alone could save you in a photo contest)
- A weird (but effective) way to determine if a scene would look good in black and white
- The “insider” secrets of the Histogram and creating award-winning black & white photographs
- The demystifying truth about “The Zone System” and why it’s imperative that you understand it
Every step is detailed in all three programs: Photoshop, Lightroom, & Elements. But even if you don’t have these applications, there’s enough information in here to help you achieve the same results with the software you already have.
- Discover the single most violated rule of contrast control
- Why it’s SO important to understand how color relates to monochrome tone
- The Surprising Reasons that many B&W images fail
- How to diagnose “clipping” because it is your enemy
- What it means if your exposure is BAD- and how to fix it for a Better Black & White
- A little-known “trick” about determining how colors will transfer to monochrome tone
- The reason why B&W conversions apps and plugins are popular- and the question- How should you use them?
- Why ‘presets’ are useless –UNLESS- you are in command of the process
- Common errors which cause poor image quality
“It doesn’t matter if you love to photograph landscapes, people, macro, abstracts, or any subject that your artistic mind desires- the ‘rules’ of black & white conversion are consistent.
In order to become a true master of black & white photography, you must understand tone and contrast.
You must understand how to control them- and how to manipulate them. I guarantee that my guide will give you the groundwork to become a world-class black and white photographer!”
How to Get a Copy:
The guide comes in PDF format that can be read on computers, phones and most tablet computers. It also carries a 90 day no-questions-asked guarantee so there is no risk in trying it.
Found here: The Better Black & White Photography Guide
Like This Article?
Don't Miss The Next One!
Join over 100,000 photographers of all experience levels who receive our free photography tips and articles to stay current: