Love them or hate them. But one thing you can’t do is ignore them. Prime lenses are some of the top favorites of photographers around the globe. What’s so great about them? In this video, Toby Gelston explains the five top reasons why you should invest in a prime lens:
What is a prime lens?
A prime lens has a fixed focal length; it doesn’t zoom. But many photographers favor them for their high quality.
What are the advantages of prime lenses?
1. Prime lenses are blessed with very wide apertures, ideal for isolating your subjects from the background and capturing beautiful bokeh.
2. Wide apertures are also ideal for maximizing the light getting into your camera. This makes prime lenses a good choice for low light photography.
3. Because of their smaller, simpler design, prime lenses have fewer moving parts, less distortion, and better quality images than many zoom lenses.
4. You get more value for your money. While you’re only able to zoom with your feet, the quality trade off is often worth it.
5. They are smaller and lighter compared to zoom lenses, which make them great for lugging around.
Do you have a prime lens? What do you like about it?
Don't Miss The Next New Article!
Join over 100,000 subscribers who receive free photography tips and in-depth articles from PictureCorrect and stay up-to-date. Subscribe Now!